When it comes to connecting with a sport or fitness influencer, many brands want their influencer to integrate their products and/or services into their everyday lifestyle. This integration supports one of the more important factors that support a successful influencer marketing strategy – authenticity. Influencers must be authentic to gain the large following that equals promotional success.
Instagram still reigns when it comes to being the most utilized platform for influencer marketing campaigns. Brands that choose to use Instagram do so because of its highly supportive promotional platform. Instagram places a lot of focus on authentic advertising vs traditional advertising, which has proven to be a very successful marketing tactic.
The fact that Instagram’s platform is highly visual also helps to explain the extreme success Instagram is experiencing with influencer marketing. Today’s consumers not only want to see more visuals vs text, but they are also much more likely to remember what they see vs what they read. According to Adobe, posts that include images produce 650% higher engagement than regular text posts.
From nano-influencers to mega-influencers, brands looking to promote are likely to find one or more professional marketing influencers on this popular social media platform to meet their marketing needs.
Marketing influencers on Instagram benefit from having the strongest and most loyal relationship with their followers. This is because many influencers will share personal aspects of their lives, allowing followers to feel more connected. With 1.3 billion monthly active users, Instagram influencers have access to one of the largest social media audiences.
Brands must define their ideal influencer by considering the influencer’s niche, reach, voice, and engagement rate. Brands must also decide what they want to include in their influencer campaign, i.e. sponsored posts, branded content, reviews, contests.
Influencer marketing has proven to be extremely beneficial for both sports and fitness brands. The increasing popularity in the wellness and health niche over the past years has many brands reaching out to connect with one or more influencers connected to the healthy lifestyle industry.
Sport & Fitness Influencers
Sport influencers and fitness influencers are natural influencers. Athletes are already viewed as positive role models making it so many people look up to and even admire athletes. Fitness instructors are leaders when it comes to helping people live a healthy life by getting in good physical shape, more.
Niche athletes and professional fitness instructors are especially beneficial for many brands as niche influencers are often everyday people with who others effortlessly connect. They have the type of personality that others are simply drawn to. Niche sport and fitness influencers tend to be very selective when it comes to partnering with a brand. Chosen brands can expect niche influencers to go above and beyond when promoting to their audience.
Brands that have a goal of selecting a famous sport or fitness influencer to market their brand do so as they want access to the famous name as well as the large following. As top sport and fitness influencers receive brand offers often they can be very selective. Accordingly, many brands have decided to search for niche influencers vs top influencers.
While many new and upcoming brands are connecting with sports and fitness influencers to help launch their brands, several established brands are also looking to promote their products and/or services by using sports personalities and fitness trainers. Brands must be very selective when it comes to choosing the best influencer as their decision will directly impact the way their brand is perceived.
Top Sport Influencers
More sports marketers than ever are using influencer marketing tactics to make their brands stand out above their competition. They’re realizing that sports influencers have the ability to connect with millions of people all over the world. Their reach is not only impressive, but their impact is also strong when it comes to endorsing brands. Brands that built their success by using sports influencer marketing include NBA and Nike.
This relates to sports influencers having a distinct edge over many other types of professional marketing influencers. A reason why many brands are now looking to connect with smaller influencers to grow with the brand. Examples of businesses looking to benefit from using sports influencer services include healthy eating, sports apparel, and sports service providers.
Before a brand can properly connect with a marketing influencer on Instagram, it must keep in mind the main purpose of its campaign. The purpose will help dictate the type of influencer who can best represent the brand. Brands must also decide the tier of their marketing influencer with a full understanding that every tier offers its own unique marketing benefits.
Brands that are ready to reach out and connect with an influencer must do so in a professional manner. The list below includes today’s top sports influencers on Instagram.
1. Joshua Patterson – a professional rugby player who also stars in Made In Chelsea
2. Travis Burke – famous for his stunning photography while participating in extreme sports
3. Yoga With Adriene – teaches yoga, her dog often joins in on her yoga sessions
4. The Coffin Brothers – famous for posting videos writing waves around the world
5. Katie Ormerod – a professional snowboarder who is currently training for the 2022 Olympics
6. Elliot Burton – a bodybuilding and weightlifting coach who shares her opinions on inequality
7. Sofie Dossi – a contortionist who shares tutorials and challenges
8. Kanoa Greene – a fitness instructor who tears down stereotypes
9. Naomi Osaka – a professional tennis player who speaks out on social injustices
10. Alex Callahan – an experienced yoga instructor who has already represented major brands
11. Cristiano Ronaldo – famous soccer player, the first athlete to get 200 million followers on Instagram
12. LeBron James – NBA star who has won four NBA championships
13. Virat Kohli – ranked as one of the top cricket players in the world
14. Serena Williams – famous tennis player, won 23 Grand Slams, women’s equality advocate
15. Floyd Mayweather – former, undefeated professional boxer
16. Dan Carter – retired New Zealand rugby player who has won two World Cups
17. Tiger Woods – famous golf player who promotes multiple brands
18. Neymar Junior – soccer player who currently plays for PSG, has numerous sponsorship deals
19. Roger Federer – professional tennis player who has one of the largest Instagram audiences
20. Lionel Messi – famous soccer player who has been representing Adidas for years
Top Fitness Influencers
Fitness marketers often choose to connect with one or more different types of fitness influencers. Fitness influencers promote an active and healthy lifestyle in various ways making it necessary for marketers to decide which type best fits in with their brand. Followers choose to follow fitness influencers they respect and have a passion for helping others.
Some fitness influencers only focus on exercise while others will also focus on providing their audience with general health and wellness information. Many influencers in the fitness niche will specialize in a certain area, with yoga, aerobics, and bodybuilding being three of the more common. Brands must choose an influencer who can best motivate and inspire their audience.
The best fitness influencers understand what it takes to inspire others to get fit. They know which tactics to use and when to use these tactics. They not only know what it takes to fully engage their audience, they know how to integrate brand products and/or services when warranted.
The fitness and wellness industry is currently experiencing a huge increase in sales. The list below includes today’s top fitness influencers on Instagram.
1. Dwayne Johnson – aka The Rock, Dwayne Johnson’s Instagram account is the 4th most followed
2. Conor McGregor – aka The Notorious MMA, Conor McGregor is a professional mixed martial artist and boxer
3. Logan Paul – YouTuber, internet personality, actor, podcaster, boxer
4. Khabib Nurmagomedov – mixed martial arts promoter who is the longest-reigning UFC lightweight champion
5. Floyd Mayweather – a professional boxer who has won multiple championships
6. Ryan Garcia – aka King Ryan, Ryan Garcia is the world’s third-best active lightweight boxer
7. Nastya Nass – offers workshops and classes on twerking
8. Anthony Joshua – professional boxer, won a gold medal at the 2012 Olympics
9. Sahil Khan – YouTuber, film actor, fitness entrepreneur
10. Saul Alvarez – aka Canelo, so Alvarez is a professional boxer who has won world championships
11. Adnaan Shaikh – fitness model
12. Mike Tyson – professional boxer, holds the record as the youngest boxer to win a heavyweight title
13. Tammy Hembrow – focuses on workout techniques and nutrition programs
14. Katya Elise Henry – fitness model
15. Randy Orton – professional WWE wrestler, actor
Brands are using both sports influencers and fitness influencers to get their brand name out there for all to see. Many brands have a focus on choosing up-and-coming marketing influencers to grow with their company over the years. Connecting with the right influencer properly supports a brand’s message and helps boost brand awareness. Every brand must achieve its marketing goals to find its online marketing success.